23 October 2007

Don't Mess With My Cake.

So you remember the post from a few days ago about my client " D " and her massive sheet cake ? We all on the same page ?
OK, moving on.
The sheet cake was taken to a group residence on last Friday to be put in there freezer. Another case manager drove the cake to this house only to find that it did not fit in their freezer. I told you it was a big cake.....
What to do you ask ?
My boss told the case manager with custody of said cake to hack it up and give it away. She was tired of dealing with it. ( I don't work on Fridays, otherwise this would have been squarely my problem. ) So this particular residence got a nice little treat for the weekend.
Now Sunday when I went back to work I got two messages on my voice mail from " D " telling me that her cake had been " stolen ".

Fast forward to today. The residence called our office to say that they still had 1/3 of this cake left and no longer wished to keep it. So yet another case manager drove out to this residence to pick up the remaining cake ( this is one well traveled cake I tell ya ! ) and drove it to pizza night, when it was again hacked up and given out.

Turns out yet again that this party she was planning is not even this weekend, it is next weekend. Yeah, so the cake would have been super nasty by then.

" D " has no idea that her cake is now gone. My boss is planning on a little conference with " D " tomorrow to explain to her what happens when you go out and order cakes without help from staff. My boss is also going to tell " D " that she's going to have to buy a new cake under my supervision.

We're all about tough love in my office. There are no free roles of the dice just because they happen to be disabled.

This is not going to go well.
I may have another cake post tomorrow.
Stay tuned.


XXOO
Bunny

No comments: