25 October 2007

Visions Of Sheet Cakes Dance In My Head.

The cake saga is finished. Thank God. My boss very nicely told " D " that her cake " had gone bad " and she's have to " buy a new one ".
My boss said that, by and large, she took the news very well. She understood that these things happen and was OK with buying a new cake with me today.
We found a lovely 1/4 sheet cake at the bakery today that fit the bill just fine.

By no means is this story over.......

My client " D " is married to another client, also named " D ".
" D " the husband wanted to order 24 pizzas for the birthday party.
( "D" and his sister's birthdays are only 2 days apart and they have a joint party every year. )
There are 11 people coming to this party, and they are all bringing food.
So, including D & D, there will be 13 people at this party.
My boss tried to convince the husband " D " that 24 pizzas was a little excessive for 13 people.
So " D " then told my boss that he would only order 11 pizzas, one for each guest.
My boss felt that this was still too much and tried to talk him down.
She got him down to 5 pizzas and tried to convince him that, with all the other food, 5 pizzas would be plenty.
The husband " D " is still not convinced, so his case manager called the pizza shop and asked them to only deliver 5 pizzas to them.
She also called his sister and warned her in advance to keep "D" from ordering enough pizza to feed a third world country.
The lengths we go to save people from themselves.

You think I'm finished with this story......fat chance !

Me and my client "D" ran into spouse "D" and his case manager at the supermarket this afternoon.
I had to laugh because "D" the husband's case manager was in an aisle trying to convince "D" the husband that oh..perhaps.. 25 bags of salad was too much for 13 people.
Seriously, he had about 3/4 of his shopping cart filled with bags of salad.

It gets better.......

I caught up with the other case manager back at D&D's apartment. We had plans to meet up and help our respective clients clean out their fridge. Which wasn't as bad as we thought, btw.
Guess what we found..........YOU GUESSED IT...ANOTHER FLIPPIN' SHEET CAKE !
( Are they trying to eat their way into a diabetic coma ? )



The cake read " Happy 42nd Birthday D.."

D was born in 1962.

You do the math.





XO
Bunny

No comments: