06 October 2007

You're A Bad Man Manny !

I'm going to bet that none of you saw this last night.
Let me paint a picture for y'all......
ADLS Game 2 @ Fenway Park....
L.A. Angels vs. Red Sox......
1 Out, 2 on, tie score, bottom of the 9th.
Manny takes a couple of pitches....
and finally....
finally...
finally...
Manny gets a fast ball straight down the middle.
( Big mistake Angels.....big mistake )
Manny lofted a shot...no....make that a
BOMB
over the Coke bottles,
over the Green Monster seats,
and out onto Landsdowne St.
A BOMB I TELL YA !!!!!
You can watch video of it here....
The best part of that was after Manny hit the ball,
he knew it was going out of the park.
He dropped his bat and stood,
arms raised,
and watched it sail out of the park.
Even better than that was Manny post game interview
and I'm paraphrasing ( phonetically )here.........
" Jew know, when jew hurt and jew can still hit hummers....jew a bad man. "
And still even better than that was the fact that the Spanks have dropped 2 games to
the Cleveland Indians.
They lost last night in dramatic fashion in the bottom of the ninth.
Mad love for Travis Haffener for knocking in the winning run !!!!
So CLAP CLAP CLAP !!!! LETS GO SOX !!!! WOOOO HOOOO !!!!!!
XXOO
Bunny

2 comments:

Richard Scandrett said...

I saw it, I saw it! I was at this place called "Chimes" with Carolyn. The Bartender had played some hockey at Framingham State and gave us shots. It was wicked pissah! (I said that in as heavy a drunken Boston accent as I could to the local drawling denizens).
-Dickie

Erica said...

I loved watching the replay of that over and over again on NESN the next day.
It was wicked pissah !