21 April 2008

13 - Life Is Good In Boston.

Today marks 13 months logged in at the CCAA. Continuing with my Boston sports stars theme; number 13 on the Boston Bruins is Glen Metropolit.

I have no new news to report regarding the state of international adoptions in China beyond that we're still flippin' waiting and we'll be waiting for a long flippin' time. We've been on the wait list to apply to the Taiwan program for a little over two weeks now. And as Forrest Gump would say " That's all I have to say about that. " ____________________________________________________

Brock's birthday surprise went over very well. He loved the indoor skydiving, although he was a little apprehensive at first. In an odd coincidence the instructor's name was Brendan Rafferty -who happened to be straight from Ireland. I took a video of him during his flight, however I can't seem to get it to upload into my computer. When I get it figured out I'll post the vid.

After sky diving we went to the Boston Marathon Runner's Expo at the Hynes Convention Center. Brock really wanted to go to the expo and me..well...let's just say that it didn't hold my attention for very long. It's a good thing that the Hynes is attached to the Prudential Center, which happens to have a nice shopping center in the ground floor. Old habits die hard I guess. LOL !

After that we went for dinner at the Washington Square Tavern in Brookline. It was fantastic ! We have this thing where if a restaurant has calamari on the menu we always get it. For some reason calamari is always a good indicator of how the food is. The calamari at the WST was excellent - although a little on the spicy side for me.

___________________________________________________

Ok, onto Life Is Good In Boston.

The Bruins are in the playoffs. The B's beat the Canadiens Saturday night to force a game a 7. They play tonight in Montreal. Go B's !!

The Celtics are also in the playoffs and seem to be steamrolling anyone who gets in their path. Go C's !!

And last but not least my beloved Red Sox are in 1st place in the AL East and are kicking some serious ass. They've won 8 of the last 9 games. Manny is on a roll, although yesterday he got ejected - very rare for Manny. Manny now has 496 career HR's. I think he'll get to 500 by the end of the week. Go Manny !!

Oh yea, and the Boston Marathon is today.

XO

Bunny

No comments: