10 April 2008

Sheena Easton Needs To Get A Job.

I'm sure you all remember Sheena Easton's tune Morning Train ( 9 to 5 ). I used to love this song...really. I always felt that it never got enough air time on the radio.
As I said, I used to love this song.....until I listened to the lyrics.
Here they are;
( my comments are in red )




I wake up every mornin', I stumble out of bed
Stretchin' and yawnin',
another day ahead,
starts out promising, you start to think that perhaps she's got a lot going on.
it seems to last forever, and time goes slowly by
perhaps her job is boring.
Till babe and me's together, then it starts to fly
time always flies when you're having fun, I'll give her that.
'Cause the moment that he's with me, time can take a flight
The moment that he's with me, everything's alright
Night time is the right time, we make love
Then it's his and my time, we take off
Ok, so she and the Mr. are hot for each other. Good for them.



CHORUS:
My baby takes the morning train,
does he even own a car ?
He works from nine till five and then,
He takes another home again to find me waitin' for him

REPEAT CHORUS


He takes me to a movie, or to a restaurant, to go Slow dancing, anything I want
Lucky bitch.
Only when he's with me, I catch light
I'm in no way condoning cigs here but jeez... can't she light her own smokes ? She seems awfully needy to me.
Only when he gives me, makes me feel alright
there is a giver and a taker in every relationship. I think we all know what she is.
Moreover, doesn't it sound like she needs a man to feel fulfilled ? Clearly she's never seen an episode of Oprah.


CHORUS:
My baby takes the morning train,
He works from nine till five and then,
He takes another home again to find me waitin' for him



All day I think of him,
dreamin' of him constantly
Obsess much Sheena ?
I'm crazy mad for him,
and he's crazy mad for me
He has issues- he's in a relationship with a needy, unemployed woman.
When he steps off that train,
I'm heading for a fight
OK, so she sits on her ass all day waiting for him to get home from working all day and now she wants to pick a fight with him? Not very nice Sheena.
Work all day to earn his pay, so we can play all night
What does she do all day ? Does she even have a job ? It sounds like she just likes spending his money. He must be tired from working all day and all she wants to do is screw and party all night.


CHORUS:
My baby takes the morning train,
He works from nine till five and then,
He takes another home again to find me waitin' for him (chorus repeats out)
He's always on that morning train He works so hard To find me waiting for him...



Sheena redeemed herself with For Your Eyes Only, I believe that was from a James Bond movie. She also did some stuff with Prince and that's always tops in my book, I love Prince.

BTW, did you know that Sheena had a role on Miami Vice as Don Johnson's wife ?





XO

Bunny

No comments: