14 April 2008

Twerp.

My career is one where I must possess a great deal of patience ( duh ). If patience were a trade- able commodity I think I'd would most resemble some sort of third-world, military run African country where people line up at the back of UN trucks for their 50 lb bag of patience. That is to say I have very little patience on any given day- patience refugee camp if you will.
Some days I feel not unlike Job from the bible, but I digress.

Today I got a downright N-A-S-T-Y voicemail message from a relation of one of my clients.
I was shocked at the nastiness of it - THEN I was PISSED ! Not a great way to start a Monday by any means.
Let me clarify, I did not get this message from one of my own clients ( my clients know I DO NOT tolerate such behavior. ) - however this particular person is one of our clients. Yes, you read that right. Two people whom are related to each other and are both in our program.
This particular person unfortunately lacks the ability to get to the point. So not only was the message nasty, it was also devoid of a point and was more stream-of-conscious nasty.

I played the message on speaker phone for all of my co-workers this afternoon. The general consensus was that
1) Initially they all found it amusing.
then
2) They were all horrified at the stream-of-conscious nasty.
then
3) They asked if I could save that message on my voicemail for future laughs.

I intend on having a sit down with said client and his case manager this week. I was too annoyed to address this today. I did end up speaking to said client this afternoon about an unrelated matter. I think that perhaps he thinks I've forgotten about the voicemail he left me......
little does he know.
It does him a total disservice to let him act in this manner and not have to answer for his behavior. Part of my job is teaching acceptable behavior standards and let me tell you - he really fell short today.

_________________________________________________

File under Getting The Milk For Free.
Is he homely as hell or what ? Yeech !

__________________________________________

In happier news, the cable stealing neighbor and her boyfriend ( who responds to "hello" with a grunt - what is that ? ) from downstairs are moving out. WOOO HOOO !!!
The thought of getting a hot shower when I want one and the cessation of the incessant, anxiety-inducing door slamming is filling me with an unbridled joy. I almost want to run barefoot through the yard singing The Hills Are Alive like Julie Andrews.
Almost.
_______________________________________________


In a previous post I whole-heartedly admitted to being a Donnie Wahlberg girl. And while I'm still a Donnie girl I think I have a case of adult onset Jon Knight-itis.

HOLY HOTNESS BATMAN !!
XO
Bunny



No comments: