05 November 2008

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel.

This morning I have a renewed sense of optimism about my country. As the title of my post reads I finally see the light at the end of the GOP tunnel.
The thing that surprised me the most was the overwhelming win Obama had by the end of the night. I feel that his overwhelming win was the American people collectively saying that they are tired of the BS of the past eight years. That the current state of our country is unacceptable.

I won't pontificate too much here, but I'm very happy.

For those living in Massachusetts wondering how I voted on the ballot questions they are as follows;
Question 1 - Ending the 2.65% state income tax - I voted No.

You can't cut 40% of the State's income without serious repercussions. Property taxes and sales taxes will increase exponentially. Our schools, social agencies ( DMR, DCF and DMH ) and infrastructure will suffer greatly.

Question 2 - Decriminalizing Marijuana possesion of less then 1 oz. - I voted yes.

For me it was about not clogging up our judical system with possesion cases. Besides there is more inportant stuff to deal with than chasing dumb college kids toking up behind the shed after dinner.

Question 3 - Ending Greyhound racing - I voted yes.
No real explanation needed here.


If you'll notice, I have a new ticker. ;-)


XO
Bunny

No comments: