06 November 2008

Love Is A Many Splendored Thing.

What do I love the best about owning our own home ?
Many things.
Many, many things.

I love not having neighbors in my immediate vicinity. The fact that I can listen to music in the wee hours of the morning without the implementation of ear buds.......AWESOME !
Although I have to say, The Mister in his sometimes futile attempts to keep me in line warned me that he did not want to become " those people " in the neighborhood and requested that I keep the rocking out to a low roar unable to be heard outside the house....buzzkill.

I love having a barn......yes folks......I have a barn. I mean, I'm calling it the barn. It's not really a barn per sey. It more of garage / carport attached to a very, very large shed.
So, for the time being I am calling it the barn.
Yesterday Brock took all the random, white trash crap ( one tractor tire....really ? what does one do with one tractor tire ? ) that the previous owners left behind the barn and placed it in the barn. He felt that the items back there were an eyesore and needed to be dealt with.
He really does not want to be " those people ", does he?

What else do I love......hmmmm.....the massive amounts of space we now have. The fire place. The three bathrooms. The screened in porch.

What do I love the most ?
The absolute best thing about our new house ?
The one thing that sold me on this house ?
The pinnacle of happiness ?

The dishwasher.

Oh yes.
The dishwasher.

I luuuuuuvvvvv the dishwasher.
I never have a dirty dish in my sink now.

In our old place I would look at the sinkful of dirty dishes that had accumulated over a few days time and feel really overwhelmed. Like....oh my god...look at all those dishes ! How am I ever going to clean all. of. those. dishes.

Now I'm breathing free and easy.
And the smell of citrus dishwasher soap is INTOXICATING !
Almost better than vodka.
Almost.

Xoooo
Bunny

No comments: