26 November 2008

Stick A Fork In Me, I'm Done.

Thanksgiving is cancelled this year.
At least at my house it is anyway.

I've been so strung out dealing with and managing other people's feelings / emotions and trying to make EVERYONE happy ( impossible, btw. ) that I've not slept right or eaten properly in eight days.

So, the only logical solution I could come up with, while I laid awake at 4am yesterday morning, was to cancel Thanksgiving this year.

Basically this is me having a temper tantrum, so to speak.
If we ( the mister and I ) can't have the Thanksgiving we want, we're not having one at all.

The other side of this coin is that since nobody can seem to find any common ground perhaps it's for the best that we all sit this one out.

I was actually relieved to not have to deal with any of this anymore after I put the calls out that we'd not be cooking and that people should make other plans.

Of course there are a lot of hurt feelings around here.

But whatever......

The Mister and I will most likely go to the movies tomorrow.

XOOO
Bunny

No comments: