22 November 2008

Retro Music Friday.

OK, first off I'm really sorry this is a day late. I was out of the house for most of the day yesterday.

I thought we'd do a David Lee Roth retrospective this week. Not sure if any of you remember that DLR had a moderately successful solo career after he parted ways with Van Halen. I know it's hard to believe that Diamond Dave had enough solo work to warrant a retrospective, but it's true.

It can be said that Dave perhaps has a penchant for the ridiculous, as evidenced by these videos.

This is California Girls. I had this on a 45 when I was a kid. This vid was from 1985. I was 9. Hard to believe it only took 23 years for over-sized white sunglasses to come back into fashion.


This is Just A Gigolo. Dave at his most sublimely ridiculous. I think this was from 1985 as well.

And of course I had to throw in The Mister's favorite DLR song. This is Yankee Rose.

So, please enjoy - Dave would want you to.

___________________________________________________

In other news, yesterday was our 20 month LID anniversary at the CCAA. We recently got an email update from our agency that the CCAA only referred Feb 16 and 17th of 2006 for the month of November.

Gimme an S

Gimme a U

Gimme a C

Gimme a K

What does that spell ? SUCK !

I also came across this article earlier this week, which makes me profoundly sad.

It also makes me profoundly sad that we had to ask to be taken off the wait list for the Taiwan program this week. We actually came up to the point where they were going to have us gather the beginning part of the dossier for Taiwan. They emailed us the instructions for the dossier- which I heartily laughed my ass off when I read them.

Not only does Taiwan require that the PAP be functioning and normal, but the rest of our families have to be functioning and normal as well, with photos to prove it.

And seeing as how neither Brock or I are currently in possession of a functioning, well adjusted family, this is just not going to happen. Don't get me wrong, Brock and I are like two little Fonzies, we're cool. Everyone else happens to be screwed up at the moment.

It did occur to me to have complete strangers stand in for our respective families. It also occurred to me to take old pics of our families and Photoshop them all together. Like, " Oh, here we are at the Grand Canyon, don't we look happy and normal ! " But I thought that our social worker Jane might just catch onto this kind of subterfuge.

So, we're waiting for China. Which, if things continue at the current pace they are we will most likely be pushing 40 by the time we get a kid home.

My sister did offer to give me one of her eggs. Which is an awfully generous gesture, but the egg retrieval process is extremely painful, long and complicated and I just could not ask that of another woman.

__________________________________________________

So, that's that. Have a great weeekend everyone !

XOOOOO

Bunny

No comments: