08 November 2008

The Man In My Life.

No one will ever accuse The Mister of being gay. He ( unlike his brother....Clinique moisturizer anyone ? ) does not have an effeminate, metrosexual bone in his body.

He will not go into a Hallmark store with me. He sits in the car listening to sports radio until I return. I can't quite figure out where his aversion to scented candles, Vera Bradley bags and cards that play music comes from.......

And God help him if I listen to Culture Club on the stereo. 25 seconds of Karma Chameleon and he's ready to rip out his short hairs with tweezers.

I bought him very expensive, unscented moisturizer last Christmas. He gets terribly dry skin on his face in the winter and I thought....well......let's just say the bottle is still 95% full.

Why is it still full you ask ? I'm not really sure, but I think it's either because ( in his mind ) real men have dry skin or moisturizer is for pussies. Maybe it's both......

I often tell him he is so butch he makes other straight men look like sissies.
Which, when I tell him this, is often met with some weird mixture of compliment and offense on his part.

Don't misunderstand me.
He is a very sensitive, considerate, thoughtful, loving spouse.
I wouldn't trade him for anything.

However, he's reached all new levels of manhood ( manliness ? ) now that we own our own home. The Mister has a new obsession......it's an affliction really. It has been consuming him for a week now.

He wants a lawn mower.
Needless to say finding a mower this late in the season is proving difficult.
He's bordering on frustration at this point, but when he gets an idea in his head he is like a dog with a bone.



Oh yeah, and he's on the hunt for a deep fryer too.
Why the need for a deep fryer ?
To make hot wings ! What else ?!



I will keep you all apprised of the situation as it unfolds here.



Xooo
Bunny

No comments: